COVID 19 NEW GUIDLINES
Dear Valued Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
The executive order has been lifted and the governor has allowed for elective procedures to resume. We have established a phased plan to resume normal office hours to treat patients with preventive, restorative and surgical dental needs.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. We are following strict guidelines and processes to sanitize and disinfect our operatories and office after and in between each patient.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example, but not limited to:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You would be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- All patients must wear a mask upon arrival and entering the office. (mask will not be provided by our office)
- We have hand sanitizer throughout for use when you enter the office.
- Please leave as much personal belonging in your car as you can.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- No contact temperature checks will be performed daily on our TEAM members and patients.
- Please no visitors without prior screening and approval, especially without dental needs
- If you are feeling ill or someone in your family is ill, we ask that you inform us to reschedule your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 845-986-2929, or visit our website at www.warwicksmiles.com for more information.
Thank you for being our patient and entrusting us with your dental care! We value your continued trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Leonard Episcopio and Team